Look for clothes that will line-dry quickly and are wrinkle free or resistant. Microfiber clothing is great.
Choose things that will mix and match and that you can wear in layers.
Pick comfortable clothing. Most of the time you will be wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts/blouses. Plan to dress in layers for cooler weather.
- No Denim. (Denim is OK at the college, but not in Europe)
- Nothing with offensive language or pictures.
- No clothing that shows bare midriffs or excessive cleavage.
- No mini skirts or short shorts. (Ladies – we will not be seeing your rear end!)
- No low-rider pants (Gentlemen- we will not be seeing your boxer shorts!)
- No flip-flops or flimsy sandals. (We do A LOT of walking on cobblestones, gravel and dirt paths. Many foot injuries have occurred because of poor choices of footwear.)
In general, clothing should be neat, and modest. The directors will have you change your clothing if they feel it is inappropriate. So don’t waste valuable luggage space. If you would have second thoughts wearing a piece of clothing in front of your grandparents, leave it home.
Posted in: Clothing for Travel